Posted by Maria Dimitrova
Gain: Saved money from the water and gas bills and more eco-friendly showering
Cost: Between 12 and 40$
It’s great to discover ways to do things more efficiently. With inexpensive investment in these water saving shower heads you achieve several aims in one go - saving money from your water bills and gas bills and saving water resources. You can find out why it’s extremely important to reduce water consumption here.
Please browse through some of the best best photo scanner to see which are best and which are not:
- Delta Faucet 75152 Water Amplifying Adjustable Showerhead with H2OKINETIC Technology, Chrome
- Alsons 655CBX Fluidics Water Saving Shower Head, Chrome
- American Standard 1660.717.002 FloWise 3 Function Water-Saving Showerhead, Chrome
- Niagara 1.50 GPM Low Flow Massage Showerhead
- Niagara Earth Massage Handheld – 1.5gpm
Offering water efficiency without sacrificing comfort, the Delta H2OKinetics Showerhead can lower your utility bills while still providing full-spray performance.
This showerhead meets WaterSense criteria by offering two flow rates and two spray patterns. Its four large spray holes are engineered to be anti-clog and easy to clean.
H2OKinetics meets the EPA’s stringent WaterSense criteria, which means it’s water efficient and can help save money on your utility bills.
Designed to be user-friendly, the H2OKinetics showerhead has a contemporary design with four large spray holes. Internal engineering guarantees that the spray holes will not clog up, which means cleanup is a snap. A metal ball connector ensures durability.
What the reviewers have to say:
- “I have tried over 10 showerheads recently, and this one has the 2nd best pressure of all of them. (The “best” one stings too much.) I highly recommend this showerhead”
- “It installed in 25 seconds, with no leaks or other issues.
The real magic is to turn this thing on and get under it. It works like a charm! I have pretty low pressure in my upstairs bathroom, and this thing is like a miracle worker, creating a great spray that’s a great mixture of power and coverage.”
- “The lever toggles between 1.8 gallons per minute and 2.5 GPM. We leave it at 1.8 all the time since there isn’t much difference to the 2.5 GPM setting. The shower feels good and not ‘thin’ as the really cheapy/stingy showerheads from the past”
- “Cut our water use bill by about 35%. I was so impressed that my 1st thought was to buy a lifetime supply of these just in case they stop making them!”
- “Spray stream is too narrow.”
- “it’s a bit noisy at “full speed”
- “I am not impressed with the output with the shower head set at the low settings”
- “I don’t like the water spray being so centralized”
This spray technology controls the water s shape and velocity, allowing the spray to meet the needs of the user with a full-body spray that feels like a high-flow shower, yet actually uses less water.
In addition, the Fluidics spray surpasses standard showers by using thermal technology that produces a larger spray, stays warmer longer. Features: -Available in Satin Nickel or Chrome -Shower head’s flow feels the same as a regular 2.5 gpm spray -uses only 1.6 gpm for a 36pct water savings over standard shower head
What the reviwers have to say:
- “This uses about a 3rd less water than the 2.5 gpm showerhead that came with the house, which if you consider a 15 minute shower is about 13 gallons of water per shower. Compound this daily and its about 5000 gallons of water saved per year per person.”
- “This is the first low flow shower head that I have tried that gives me great flow. The spray is great and my shower is hotter longer.”
- “I have lower pressure. (62 psi) and the Alsons 1.6 does increase the pressure compared to my Mohen 2.5 gpm head by 10 psi min.”
- “The pressure is actually better than with our old shower head and our water bills have already decreased. Great deal for the price!”
- “The only complaint is there is a high-pitched noise. Not very loud so hoping I’ll get used to it”
- “On full blast, my water temperature drops drastically, but putting it a bit below full blast I get normal water temperature. My theory is that the hot water pressure in my building is less than that of the cold water pipes, therefore on full blast, the reverse pressure built up in the shower head effectively blocks the flow of hot water into my shower.”
- “My wife says it stings a little. I haven’t noticed that. The spray seems to pulsate as it comes out.”
Less water. More performance. How refreshing! FloWise showerheads use American Standard’s exclusive turbine technology to deliver an invigorating shower experience while saving water. These innovative heads can save a family up to 8,000 gallons of water a year.
American Standard Brands give you performance and style in every product. With new lines of consumer design-driven selections, coordinated offerings that match American Standard Chinaware collections and styles, as well as exclusive performance features that eliminate leaks, reduce installation time, save water, and add durability and dependability, American Standard products are the choice to improve your home.
What the reviewers have to say:
- “I love the Flow-Wise as it uses so much less water. I save money on the water bill, the sewer bill, and the natural gas bill (used to heat the water) I should have gotten it months ago!!!!”
- “I love it and I have had guests comment on it also they wanted to know where I got it. It totally meets up to my expectations. Wonderful.”
- “It automatically resets after the water is turned off, so the default is always water-saving. There’s more than enough water coming out even in the saving mode. Easy to install.”
- “This one has the perfect balance of water volume and strength of spray. Also, the pressure doesn’t change dramatically when someone turns on another faucet. Plus, the price is right! I plan on getting another one for my second shower.”
- “it can feel a bit cooler unless you raise the water temperature, so the savings in water might be partly offset by an increase in heating cost depending on your comfort level”
- “The only thing I don’t understand is that some of the water leaks from the bottom of the head.”
- “Having an “auto return” feature that could be enabled or disabled might have been nicer”
Niagara Conservation Earth Massage 1.50 GPM Chrome Showerhead is rated #1 by leading conservation groups. Flow control technology: greater force at low pressure! * Conserves water and saves money while enhancing pressure, performance and appearance! * 9-jet turbo massage is adjustable: gentle needle spray to forceful jet * Consistent flow rate regardless of water pressure * Saves 40% more water and energy then a standard 2.5 GPM showerhead – that’s 7,300 gallons of water annually! * Non-removable flow compensator * Non-aerating spray means less temperature loss with maximum energy savings * Self-cleaning and maintenance-free * Installs easily by hand and without tools * Chrome-plated finish * Corrosion-resistant, high-impact ABS thermoplastic body * Meets or exceeds ANSI specifications * 10-year guarantee * Member of the Water-Smart family of products
What the reviewers have to say:
- “This gives good pressure, and feels almost the same as a regular 2.5 GPM showerhead, while only using 1.5 GPM, saving water, heat, money, and carbon footprint! I’m very impressed actually”
- “This is probably the best shower-head I have ever used.If you’re looking for an economic solution to reduce your water usage/costs, this is the one for you”
- “we ordered the Earth Massage 1.5gpm showerhead and you would not know we have low water pressure issues what so ever. You can adjust the head to have different “massage” levels and it swivels, just step back and rinse down the shower. My husband installed this in a few minutes and he had no troubles at all, no leaks, no drips!”
- “I got what I wanted — a quick and cheap investment in saving water that also doesn’t compromise too much on a nice hot shower.”
- “I would say that it makes your shower experience notably colder and less pleasant. I would recommend this product to be used in the summer, but stick to your old one for the winter”
- “found the flow not strong enough to leave me feeling totally rinsed off”
- “it does leave you with a big hole in the middle of the spray as the water fans out”
Recognized in Good Housekeeping, Family Circle and Newsweek magazines, the Earth Massage low-flow showerhead line offers superior performance with greater flow control. Additionally, the flow compensator saves gallons of water and lowers utility bills – while delivering the feeling of a higher-flowing showerhead. Saving resources without sacrificing luxury and comfort has never been easier! Combines ergonomic luxury with peak performance.
Flow control technology: greater force at lower pressure! 9-jet turbo massage: settings from forceful to gentle * Non-aerating spray means less temperature loss with maximum energy savings * Self-cleaning and maintenance-free * Corrosion-resistant, high-impact ABS thermoplastic body * Installs easily by hand and without tools * Fits all standard showerhead arms * Meets or exceeds ANSI specifications * 10-year guarantee * Member of the Water-Smart family of products.
What the reviewers have to say:
- “I would never have guessed that the flow is only 1.5GPM. I’d highly recommend this to others- the price is reasonable and the H20 savings will be significant as well. Overall this a great product for our environment and also for the wallet!”
- “I bought this to replace an existing 2.5 GPM shower head, and not only am I saving water in terms of gallons per minute, but I’m also saving minutes, because the velocity of the water that comes out of this is way better than the old one. More than worth the $25 (including shipping) I spent.”
- “Overall I like the shower head and am happy to be conserving more water while getting roughly the same quality shower as the 2.5 gpm Waterpik.”
- “It works well, has plenty of water pressure, and I can still get the shampoo and conditioner out of my hair with no problem. The hose is long, it looks good, seems to be made well, and even has different settings, all for a good price. I definitely recommend buying this.”
- “it leaks a little bit out of one of the connections”
- “My only complaint is that there are really only 3 settings. It is a spin knob and you can adjust in between them, but the in between settings aren’t that great”
- “Niagara didnt come with the ball joint adapter as my past shower heads did so I would have needed to go purchase one. Without it while in the cradle the shower head is pointing down so low I would have to bend over backwards to wash out my hair or take it out of the cradle and rinse with one hand.”
- “contrary to many reviews, the water pressure is greatly decreased. There are only a few water settings and only one of them is sufficient for rinsing shampoo and conditioner out of your hair.”